Highlighted

How do you add bullet points and numbers in XD?

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to do it.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter_Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

There's no built-in feature for bullets or numbers yet (strange, because it's one of the oldest HTML text formats), but you could try installing and using this plugin: https://adobe.com/go/xd_plugins_discover_plugin?pluginId=02b738ca

It's not very well reviewed (it lacks a lot of crucial settings, like indent measure, multiple types of bullets, etc.) But at least it types the characters for you...

Topics

Code, Desktop, Error, How to, Import and export, Missing feature, Mobile, Other, Performance, Preview, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you add bullet points and numbers in XD?

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to do it.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter_Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

There's no built-in feature for bullets or numbers yet (strange, because it's one of the oldest HTML text formats), but you could try installing and using this plugin: https://adobe.com/go/xd_plugins_discover_plugin?pluginId=02b738ca

It's not very well reviewed (it lacks a lot of crucial settings, like indent measure, multiple types of bullets, etc.) But at least it types the characters for you...

Topics

Code, Desktop, Error, How to, Import and export, Missing feature, Mobile, Other, Performance, Preview, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AntDX316,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Currently there is no in-built feature in Adobe XD to add bullet points for area text.  There is already a feature request for the same: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16073923-text-bull...  I suggest upvoting this feature request to stay tuned to the latest announcements around it.

Meanwhile, you can try the following workaround:

Copy pasting the text along with bullet points from MS Word to XD.

We will try our best to get this feature delivered in future releases of XD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot even use Alt+7 within XD but we can use it anywhere else.  Copying and pasting makes it the best workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows 10 PC "Windows Key + ." brings up the new emoji inserter window.  You can use it to also insert symbols as well, as seen below with the bullet symbol highlighted:

emoji inserter.png

For many standard fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman, etc..., you can use the keyboard shortcut of  "Alt + 0149" to insert a bullet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been added to Adobe XD yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just udated XD to the most recent version on July 1 2020, and if they added it, it is not apparent. So I would say no.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was baffled to see it's not a part the adobe UX software. Seems so essential when laying out text.

I wonder if it complicates page layout/flow too much to incorporate into Visual UX Tools.

I checked out Figma and was surprised to see that they also don't have the ability to add an ordered list or numbered list. Oddly, that made me feel a bit better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a go and if it gets the basics of bulleted lists done I'm good.
(You weren't kidding about the reviews!?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand a workaround is required to get it to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled by the

• Very
  • Long
  • Delay of
  • Bullet lists!

at Adobe XD! The prototyping capabilities are launching ahead while basic text editing (like hanging-indent bullet lists and other HTML basics) are lagging WAY behind.

There are 100s of designers poised to adopt XD at my company alone, but we're not going to leap until there's basic text editing capabilities.

¿Que Pasa?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree! Are they actually kidding?!

Ps. Ironic that this basic commenting dialog box has:

1. Numbers; and
  • Bullets...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty funny/sad.  Very good point. It'd be like Photoshop not having an eyedropper.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed - Not Relevant

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines