• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you close a document in XD without closing the application itself?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I maybe working way later than I should be, but it seems there's no way to close a document in XD withough closing the application instance. If I click Home, it opens a new instance of the application.

TOPICS
How to , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Gotcha! I understand your point and it looks like a nice request. I would suggest submitting the feature request and share the link with us here so that we can keep a track of it.

I really appreaciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nysteve,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, it looks like you want to close the document without closing the complete XD app. Would you mind telling us the purpose for this?

You can have multiple document open up separtely and then you can work on any of them and close the one which is not required after saving. It looks like the app is designed that way.

If you are still looking for this feature. I would request you to please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
I would like to avoid having multiple instances of applications cluttering my screen. As an example, in other Adobe Suite products, you can have multiple files opened within a tabbed environment, and have instance access to those documents, and if need be, you can rearrange your working environment to see docs side by side, etc..., or even pull them out of the root application. Besides cluttering up the screen, I can assume another instance of the app is a draing on resources. Most modern design apps allow multiple files to be open, as perhaps part of the same project. Say at the basic level I'd want to comare two artboards that exist in seperate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha! I understand your point and it looks like a nice request. I would suggest submitting the feature request and share the link with us here so that we can keep a track of it.

I really appreaciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines