Highlighted

How do you link an item to a component

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lots of design elements that I want to retrospectively link to my new components as they are the exact same design.

These span across several files as this was done before the may update with the component feature.

Is there some way to link them to the master component or do I just have to go through every artboard and remove the old design and drop in the new component?

For instance, the below shows the component, and the design element created before a component was made.

thanks!

Rae

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you link an item to a component

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lots of design elements that I want to retrospectively link to my new components as they are the exact same design.

These span across several files as this was done before the may update with the component feature.

Is there some way to link them to the master component or do I just have to go through every artboard and remove the old design and drop in the new component?

For instance, the below shows the component, and the design element created before a component was made.

thanks!

Rae

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're out of luck.

So grab a coffee, put on some music, and go for it !

I always like such simple an repetitive actions now and then...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 1