• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you simply clip an image?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to mask anything. I want to pull in images into my workspace for inspiration. When I want to see what a 'section' of an image looks like on my artboard, I want to be able to select a part of that image and paste it into the artboard. Sketch has this feature. Catch up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Recently XD made image fills easier to create and manage than masking. Drag the image from the Desktop into a box, and it's easy to adjust the cropping. Double-click on the box and you can move/size the image. Way more flexible than copying and pasting part of an image in my opinion.

If the image is already in XD and you want to crop it, then:

1. Cut it by using Edit > Cut or Cmd–X (Mac) or Ctrl–X (Windows).
  2. Select a box.
  3. Edit > Paste Appearance (Mac) or Right-click > Paste Appearance (Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are looking for Simpler way to Crop Photos – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs ? If so, can you upvote this request to stay tuned to the latest developments around this request?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently XD made image fills easier to create and manage than masking. Drag the image from the Desktop into a box, and it's easy to adjust the cropping. Double-click on the box and you can move/size the image. Way more flexible than copying and pasting part of an image in my opinion.

If the image is already in XD and you want to crop it, then:

1. Cut it by using Edit > Cut or Cmd–X (Mac) or Ctrl–X (Windows).
  2. Select a box.
  3. Edit > Paste Appearance (Mac) or Right-click > Paste Appearance (Windows).
  4. Double-click on the box and you can move/size the image.

I hope that helps.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone has difficulty to double click on it and move/resize try bringing the box to the top of the layers and try to double click and resize/move. Then move it back to correct place in layers. hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does 'cut it' mean? Can you specify menu, tools, and workflow? I assume that linke in Photoshop there is a 'cut' tool. Where is it located? How does one use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe he meant CTRL + X or right click cut. He's saying you need to cut and paste the image with edit-->paste appearance into the rectangle shape. I tried what he suggested and it worked great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. I edited my answer to be more clear about cutting and pasting.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My gawd, I SO need to be able to just crop or select and cut. In any design or prototyping tool this is a must.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines