• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply Character Style to new text block?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the obvious intuitive way: click the text block and then click the Character Style from the Assets panel. Does nothing. I've also tried selecting all the text then clicking the Character Style from the Assets panel. Also nothing.

Am I missing something here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

I had already seen that video. I watched it again. It didn't help.

I did, however, figure it out. In the assets panel it was using "list view" by default. The videos I've seen all use "grid view". I assumed this would make no difference since they're after all just "views". But, after switching to grid view, I can now do what I was describing in the OP. When I switch back to list view it doesn't work.

This seems to be a bug since I can't imagine this being intended behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the process in Color & Character Styles Adobe XD Tutorial - YouTube​ and let us know if it helped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already seen that video. I watched it again. It didn't help.

I did, however, figure it out. In the assets panel it was using "list view" by default. The videos I've seen all use "grid view". I assumed this would make no difference since they're after all just "views". But, after switching to grid view, I can now do what I was describing in the OP. When I switch back to list view it doesn't work.

This seems to be a bug since I can't imagine this being intended behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hit area is a little smaller in list view, though it's something we're looking at changing. You can click on the character style's preview (not the text) to apply it while in list view.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the text is grouped it won't apply the character style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines