• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Xd document size? Lots of ardboards.

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have very big project, with many artboards (growing every day). Does Adobe Xd fit document size to my artboards, or I can change the dimmension somewhere? My empty space will end soon 😄

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out. If I get it, you want to change the size of an XD document? If yes, the only option we can try is to compress the file to save some space on your computer and if you are saving it on a cloud, you can create a back up of the files on any external or internal hard drive and free up some space.

If that's not what you were looking for, I'd request you to please share a few more information about what you wish to achieve and we will surely try to help you.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No MB size of the file, but dimensions of document. I have no more space to create new artboards. That is my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, unbelievable it's not possible at this moment 🤯 OK, we wait.

So how can I create bigger project, with for example 1000 artboards? We need to use Sketch? It's problem now, because if it is not possible to create 1000 arboards we have to export our project to Sketch.

One of the biggest Xd problems is that if you want to create carousel with for example 5 items, you have to duplicate entire artboards. Same with other simple animations. Sometimes GIF/mp4 would be better but it also not possible. So it take a lot of space to show only animations of slider, or something like that. I think it would be better to let me slide created repeat grid, or just add feature "slider/carousel" or something like that. Disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble Bryan and thanks for sharing the feedback. We have received a request for a similar feature as well, and that feature is under review. I'd request you to please upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13616781-carousel-...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum. Could this be done as a third party plugin? Had the same issue, but thankfully the number of artboards was < 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. There is no problem when you create mobile app where artboards has small width. But I build website on 1920px width each artboard. And final project will have about 1000 artboards. At this moment Xd is useless in such big projects. 😥 It is a big problem for my team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, XD's roots are mobile UIs. I have the same issues. This is where linked files or sub pages do start to make sense. I suspect solutions are in the works to address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines