• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a Table Cell Expand / Collapse Animation in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm designing an iOS app using standard UI controls.

iOS provides 'detail descriptors' for table view cells where you tap on a particular cell which then expands and shows some description about the cell content. When you tap on the cell again, it collapses the cell and hides that description.

Can this type of animation be designed in Adobe Xd?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sushant,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind checking the auto animate feature in XD which might help you create what you want here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/help/animate-prototypes.ug.html?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely dissatisfied with the support I'm getting from Adobe.

Definitely not expected when you charge premium for something and no one is bothered to respond to customer's queries in time.

Sorry to say Harshika, but your response is not helpful.

I was expecting at least few pointers on how that animation is to be achieved, but all you can give me is link to the Auto Animate feature.

If I knew how to make use of it, I wouldn't have asked this query in the first place.

Do you expect all the users to be PRO in using Adobe applications?

Actually, do you think Adobe applications are so easy to use?

I could try to answer that when the applications stop crashing every now and then.

I've already made a switch from Illustrator to Affinity,

now I should also make a move to figma or invision.

Show some care towards your pity customers, Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry for the delay in response and sorry for the frustration. I checked with one of our XD experts and he mentioned that you can use stacks to help create the various views, but there’s no way to have the cells expand/collapse automatically. Each would need to be created as a component state or separate artboard then wired up.

Though I am keeping the discussion open for our community experts to share their opinions.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you're not sorry at all. You don't give a rat's ass about customers or improving your software CLEARLY.  MONEY GRUBBING MORONS. GFY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines