• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create multiple checkboxes in Adobe XD?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a list with a checkbox next to each item in Adobe XD. I want the viewer to be able to check as many on as they want to, but I can only get them to come on one at a time, so more like radio buttons. I've tried creating the checkbox as one component and duplicating it, and I've tried making each checkbox an individual component. Both ways make the boxes look more like radio buttons. What am I doing wrong??

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. We have found a similar post regarding your query: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/How-to-make-working-checkboxes/td-p/10461281 which might help you. We would also request you to please check out this blog post: https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-essentials-radio-buttons-and-checkboxes/

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you were on the right track to design your list with the correct type of selectors (an array of checkboxes), but I understand they act more like radio buttons (one at a time) ?

Are you already using auto-animations or the new states feature in your components to let them behave accordingly, or are you simply linking each checkbox to jump to another screen, simulating every change ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I first tried making one component, with a new state for the 'ticked' option. Works beautifully, but when you duplicate the component so there are a few of them in the list, the checkboxes behave like radio buttons, you can't switch more than one on at a time. I then tried making each checkbox a different component (abeit they looked the same), but it just created the same effect.

My next idea was to try using the repeat grid feature to make the list and see if that made any difference, but any suggestions welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Urgh. Although making the grid actually worked at first, when I grouped the item so I could add a drag animation to it to another screen, the checkboxes went back to radio-like buttons. Anyone got any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines