• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to design an app for various devices screens

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hay guys, first i'm sorry for my english if i make mistakes.

I come from application develoment and use in gerneral visual studio. Now i have an idea for an app and wanted to design it in Adobe XD. I know how to use Illustrator so i think it's easier to design an app in XD.

But at the beginning i don't understand what size I should take. I have a iPhone X but I want to make an app for everyone. I can't imagine that I have to design new ones for every size. Should there be a design for all sizes or not?

My goal would be to create a design and program it in Visual Studio. That should be possible or I didn't understand what XD was created for?

I hope my goals and questions are clear.

Stay healthy and happy.

Alex

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

XD empowers designers with the speed, precision, and quality to seamlessly iterate and share interactive prototypes with team members and reviewers across devices and platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Generally once the prototype is handed to developers they start coding and doing what ever it is they need to do to create a working app/webpage. 

You may also see this post that might help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/export-html-css-javascript-from-adobe-xd/m-p/9336611#U9336611

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out. In Adobe XD you can use the responsive resize feature to design for different screens. Please refer to this help article and video tutorial:

Help Article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/using-responsive-resize.html

Video Tutorial: https://letsxd.com/videos/responsive-resize

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks. That helped for the first problem. 

But it is possible to program the design, preferred in Visual Studio.

I still don't understand what Adobe xD is used for.

It is a demo software for the app-developer? 

That means the designer designs the app in Adobe xD. And the app developer has to redesign it in e.g. Visual Studio and program it there?

It would be a waste of time to design an app twice. It must be possible to export and program the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD empowers designers with the speed, precision, and quality to seamlessly iterate and share interactive prototypes with team members and reviewers across devices and platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Generally once the prototype is handed to developers they start coding and doing what ever it is they need to do to create a working app/webpage. 

You may also see this post that might help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/export-html-css-javascript-from-adobe-xd/m-p/9336611#U933661...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines