Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Duplicate Artboards

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i duplicate an Artboard in XD.

Instead of creating a new new artboard and copy // paste from another artboard.

Cheers

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Got it....

Answer

Select the artboard title and cmd/D

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it....

Answer

Select the artboard title and cmd/D

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good answer, but I still had to poke around for where the Artboard title is:

• Layers (ctrl+Y, ⌘Y) will bring up a sidebar
  • the sidebar lists groups and Artboard titles; to select the title from Layers, click the < symbol to the left of the title, which filters the sidebar to show Artboards only
  • click on the Artboard title and ⌘D to duplicate, or ⌘C/⌘V (cut / paste) the selected Artboard into the current row

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

You can double click the Artboard title just above the actual Artboard. Renaming them really helped me when linking together. Do you know if there is a way of copying the linking properties of a button as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rossw52106505-

Not at the moment, but there's a story about this that you can upvote: Copy-Paste should preserve interaction wires/links – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way I've found —

In artboard mode (Shift + O), hold Shift + Opt + Command and drag whichever artboard you want to duplicate.

Everything on the artboard is duplicated, and the layer order is preserved (if you have things on different layers on that one artboard).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a keyboard or something to add "x" numer of artboard if I have already one done? I want duplicate but not one for one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy way, just go to your artboards (click in the grey next to your artboard) and hit right mouse btn and then duplicate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANSWER for WINDOWS ///////

Select the Artboard (D) and press Crtl+Alt + drag the new artboard.

done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also hold (on Mac) Cmd-opt then click-drag anywhere in the artboard.

(Similar to Ctrl-alt for windows described by magda)

But note that you have to hold down the modifier keys before you click the artboard.

If you accidentally click the artboard first, just click it a second time to activate the duplication.

Cheers

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth is Adobe hiding this functionality that is so commonly used?  Why isn't it in the right-click menu, or why isn't there a button somewhere?  

Adobe XD seems to be designed for people that use it everyday so they can memorize every keyboard shortcut or step to get things done.  If you use it irregularly like me, you expect common functionality to be exposed to the user somewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, we only have the option to duplicate the artboard either by shortcut CTRL/CMD+D or you can Option‑drag (Mac) or Alt-drag (Windows). Having said that, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that too by posting a request on Adobe XD UserVoice Page: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. Why should the user jump through hoops for such a common functionality? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the trouble. I understand there is always a scope of improvement when it comes to design workflows, that is why we have an XD UserVoice page wherein you can share suggestions and feedback.

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines