• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable scrolling when in a text box in XD?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to scroll when I have entered a text box. This can be irritating as there have been many instances where I need to scroll to see another element to help my finish off what I am writing in the text box but instead I have to click out of the text box before I can scroll, and then I have to scroll back and reenter the text box to input my text. It would be helpful to click into a text box, then be able to scroll to another area and carry on typing in the text box. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind checking this article on scroll groups: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html#:~:text=Scroll%20groups%20in%20Adobe%20...?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think what Timw means is that if he creates a text area in Xd and enters a lot of text, if it overflows outside of the current view, you can't pan accross the artboard while you are editing the text. You must click outside of the text area first, and then you can move around.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just a missing "feature", but here's a video that will help clear it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines