Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fill selective part of an image.

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently switched to Adobe XD and when I download icon (.PSD / .PNG it doesn't matter the issue is for the both formats) when I click on the Icon and change it's color, the whole "shape" changes its color (the icon itself and it's background look at the attached shot) 

When I used Adobe Illustrator, I had the same issue but when I clicked the Selection Tool (A) and click on the edge of the icon I selected that "invisible layer" and deleted it and then the Icon was ready to use and change it's color.

Can someone help me? How should I do it here?

Thanks

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

You can open the .EPS file in Adobe Illustrator and then select and copy and paste it on Adobe XD. As for the plug-ins, however, there are some interesting ones that allow you to search and insert icons directly in Adobe XD, in order to speed up your workflow such as, for example, Icon 4 Design or Icondrop by Iconscout.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD and PNG are raster images and you cannot change the colour in XD. You can do Edit in Photoshop... and change the colour in Photoshop.

If the image is vector then you can change the fill colour and border colour in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For vector image the format I can download is .EPS but It won't open in XD. What to do? Is there any plugin to help me to open .EPS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the .EPS file in Adobe Illustrator and then select and copy and paste it on Adobe XD. As for the plug-ins, however, there are some interesting ones that allow you to search and insert icons directly in Adobe XD, in order to speed up your workflow such as, for example, Icon 4 Design or Icondrop by Iconscout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iliyan,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Kenneth and Italosan suggested, you can also try converting the image into path, and then using the Pen Tool you can edit the path as per the shape you want to fill. To convert it to a path, right-click on the image >  Path > Convert to Path.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try it later and tell you if it worked or not. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work. But Italosan's way works good enough. Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad to hear, that Italosan's suggestion helped you. Feel free to reach out to us in case if you have any other questions in the future. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines