Highlighted

How to get Animation Option in XD?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I am totally new to XD. I'm for the first time trying to wire my artboards together and the animation option drop-down menu doesn't appear. I'm trying to set triggers and transitions times, but can't because the menu does not appear when I wire arboards together. Please help, someone. Thank you.

AO-DropDown.png

<The title was edited by moderator>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ares Hovhannesyan | Adobe Community Professional

Here is screenshot of AO with panel on the right. Your Animation Panel must look like this capture.

Capture.JPG 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get Animation Option in XD?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I am totally new to XD. I'm for the first time trying to wire my artboards together and the animation option drop-down menu doesn't appear. I'm trying to set triggers and transitions times, but can't because the menu does not appear when I wire arboards together. Please help, someone. Thank you.

AO-DropDown.png

<The title was edited by moderator>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ares Hovhannesyan | Adobe Community Professional

Here is screenshot of AO with panel on the right. Your Animation Panel must look like this capture.

Capture.JPG 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a screenshot from an earlier version? The transition panel appears over in the right area now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. This is a screen shot from an online tutorial that I am following. When the lady in the video wires her art-boards the animation drop-down menu automatically appears. That's not the case with me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 0
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online tutorials are all likely to be out of date, and with XD updates every month, some things may have moved. When you set up a transition, do you see a panel over to the right, that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 9.12.24 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I see it now. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to get the AO drop-down menu to appear as I wire my art boards, but it does appear on the far right corner of my screen. Thank you for replying and your willingness to help me figure this out.d

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 0
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would expect a dropdown menu, but I don't see it too. It might have been that way in older versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 1
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 1
TwainaJ1 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0