• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to give away a design?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I've done the design and client wants just save it for the future. How can I GIVE it to him? Apart from sending XD file is there any way to give to the client design in form like it represented when it's shared via xd.Adobe.com? Meaning with possibility to see all style specs. 

TOPICS
How to , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Thanks for sharing your idea. I would recommend posting this idea on our XD UserVoice page for keeping a track of it. Please do share the link with us here as well.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, but this doesn't really answer my question. I want to send my design to a client with all the specs I usually have when I share my design via xd.adobe.com. I can see that I can export it to PDF or send a link, but I was wondering how to give the link or a file when the client has whole control over it. When I send a link it still somehow belongs to me. Does it make any sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to send your original project file to client directly -without sharing. May be that can be another solution.

As I understand XD can't support that at this moment. Please use adobexd.uservoice.com this is the best place to send XD Team feature requests. Your contributions can help us shape the future of Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within XD there's no way to transfer ownership of a file, but you can send them the XD file. They can get a free version of XD (the starter plan) to open the file and share it to get the specs.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Here is the direct link for the feature request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20173018-transfer-... We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a good feature, but this post isn't about it. I would imagine an offline version of the prototype that a client can access at xd.adobe.com. With all the comments, specs, details etc. but in some sort of PDF or maybe HTML but offline. Clients like to have something locked in a safe or printed out in a folder. Needless to say that transferring anything in the Adobe ecosystem to a client who has zero interest in having an Adobe account is a useless idea.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your idea. I would recommend posting this idea on our XD UserVoice page for keeping a track of it. Please do share the link with us here as well.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines