• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide element in default state and show in other state in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks.

I'm trying to create a header component in default (logged in) and logged out state.

I managed easily to hide the user avatar in the derived (logged out) state.

But I don't manage to have a log-in link displayed only in the derived state. When I repeat the same as for the avatar (that is 1) selecting default state 2) selecting the element 3) pressing delete), the element is gone in both states.

I also tried changing opacity to 0 in the default state, and setting it to 1 in the derived state, but when I change back to default state, it keeps opacity 1.

Is this a bug for now? It's definitely not what I would expect (at least the opacity issue). Or am I missing something. Is there another way to achieve what I wanna do?

Adding a rectangle that covers that link, which is hidden in the derived state would probably work, but seems like quite a clumsy work-around.

Thanks!

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Instead of using the Opacity slider, try using the transparency slider within the fill/stroke colour picker.

This seems to allow me to have a blank space which shows the colour when I hover over the area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using the Opacity slider, try using the transparency slider within the fill/stroke colour picker.

This seems to allow me to have a blank space which shows the colour when I hover over the area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sjaani.

That sounds like a great tip.

In the end I realised that the link element wasn't actually inside the component. After moving it inside the component, the transparency setting for the states worked.

I noticed based on behaviour when selecting the elements: To edit an element inside a component you need to double click the master component. I could single click the link. Also when opening the layers panel, the hierarchy showed the link outside the component (diamond symbol).

Have a great one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great nice to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any assistance in XD.

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks Sjaani for your constant support on the community. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines