• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to include assets in the share for development link to download?

Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a Share for Development link on an XD layout, the CSS is clearly indicated in the Code tab. That's great.

But what I'm wondering is, is there a way to include things like vector or SVG assets from the layout within this weblink?

Or do I have to go to the extra step to do an Export of the file to physical assets and send that to the developer?

It would be nice if all necessary assets could go along for the ride in the Development link.

Thoughts?

<The title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. If i heard you right, it looks like this is what you are looking for? https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/extract-assets-from-design-specs.html#Downloadassetsfromdesignspecs

Please let us know if that helps or if you need further assistance on the same. We'd be happy to help

Thanks, 

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I wish that was the solution, but unfortunately, the Assets section in my Share for Development simply doesn’t include the MANY assets in my document. They just aren’t there. Is there a preference that tell XD to include all assets? (In my 48 page XD file, the SFD link only shows two measly jpegs. Something must be wrong.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still havent found an answer to this question/issue and its pretty imperative that I do.

Does anyone else have a solution on how to get ALL graphics to show up in the Share for Development document/site when I create it?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Figured it out:

Whatever the desired asset you want exported, you have to make sure that the Include for Export icon is clicked on the asset's layer. That will do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines