• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make changes in the text in Adobe XD?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd like to make some text long/short of slime/wide. anyone knows how to do it in XD?

example image

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

You can't modify font widths within XD proper, but you can do one of two things:

• If you want to do a general change across the board, you can always convert your text to path (Cmd+8 on Mac, Ctrl+8 on Win), and then stretch it out that way. Note that the text does not remain editable
  • If you want more nuanced text control, you can use some of the text features in Illustrator, then bring those in as paths

Otherwise, you might want to look in UserVoice (https://adobexd.uservoice.com) and upvote

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks you are trying to make changes to the text. You can do that by selecting the text and make changes in the text from the text properties available in the right hand side properties panel.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. Harshika.

Thanks for the reply. but please see the attached image file.

i know how to change text. what i wanted to do was to make the each letter 'slimmer or wider'. and those properties seem not exist on that pannel. i know how to change the size, color and etc. i just wanted to know how to make them .. slimmer. i'm not sure if i made myself clear.. i attaced other file herhe so please see this one too. i hopexample.jpge you understand about what i meant..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't modify font widths within XD proper, but you can do one of two things:

• If you want to do a general change across the board, you can always convert your text to path (Cmd+8 on Mac, Ctrl+8 on Win), and then stretch it out that way. Note that the text does not remain editable
  • If you want more nuanced text control, you can use some of the text features in Illustrator, then bring those in as paths

Otherwise, you might want to look in UserVoice (https://adobexd.uservoice.com) and upvote some of the text features there. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah ok Thanks a lot! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines