• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move master component to another document without loosing it's master state

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, so yeah I need to move the master component to another document without losing its master state. Master is in wrong document right now, basically. Are there any options?

Right now moving master just making it as a copied linked component.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As rightly said by Franco, you may also check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/linked-assets.html#delete-linked-color on linked assets.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click in the linked component in the new file, should have a "make local component" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As rightly said by Franco, you may also check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/linked-assets.html#delete-linked-color on linked assets.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helllo, i'm doing, but the problem is...

Exemple: i have 4 documents, in each documents i have many diferents master components. I want to move all the master components of the fdifferents documents to a new document (new document just for a master components) to organaise the work. 

If i do the advice of your past link and i copy the masters components of the old documents and i move to the new document for a master components, paste and make it as a local component, i'll lose the link of each master component with their chill oweride components it had in the document it was. 

How i can do to move the master component to the new document but keeping the link of the soon components it have in the old document?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@HARSHIKA_VERMA Hi Hariska, 

I've tried to move master components as in the article you referred to, but am I right when I say that the "make local component" option is removed? I only see the "unlink component" option, which is not what I'm looking for. Has it something to do with an update? Or do I overlook something? Hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines