• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open a file created in newer version of XD on an older version?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone i got a problem. i start to designing in new version of XD in windows and my coworker have a older version of it in Mac. i send him the XD file a he can't open it. is there any solution the he dont update his XD and can open the file?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Hi Farzam,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, there is no way to open a file created in a newer version of XD on an older version of XD, as with every new release the document format is revised to support the latest feature. So to open the file, an update will be needed.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Farzam,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, there is no way to open a file created in a newer version of XD on an older version of XD, as with every new release the document format is revised to support the latest feature. So to open the file, an update will be needed.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh... my coworker recently started a new cloud account and has created a file in XD version 38. I am unable to open it as the latest update I'm seeing only goes to my version 37.1.32.2. When will I be able to update to v38?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved... looks like I needed to upgrade my mac os to big sur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines