• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to preview the design in desktop view in XD?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm a first time XD user, so apologies if this is a bit basic.

I've created some pasteboards and set up each one in a desktop format 1940 x 8080.

When I come to preview everything in prototype mode, it displays in a very narrow mobile style format, when I'd like to view it as a desktop site.

Can anyone help please?

Simon

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. We would request you to please check out this article:https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/preview-designs-and-prototypes.html and if that doesn't help, please share the screenshot or short video of your workflow so that we can understand better and investigate on this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Harshika. I've resolved the problem now.

All the best, 

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are glad to hear you are able to resolve the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your solution here for the benefit of other users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I had the same issue and struggled for two days until I finally found an answer. 

Make sure that your "viewport height" i.e. the dashed blue line is not all the way down until the end of your page. I am designing for a 1920 x 1080 screen so I set it at 1080 (as that's the height) and when you click preview, it will show up how it's meant to!

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines