• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to specify the direction of the drag trigger in XD?

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you know if there's a way of specifying where a drag trigger will go depending on where you drag. E.G. Drag down, go to artboard 2 / Drag up, go to artboard 3.

Thanks

<The title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Right now, the drag option works only in one direction (Right to Left)

Please vote for this feature request Specify drag direction – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs to stay tuned to the latest announcements around it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

For those of you who wanted to see more detials, I found this workaround. If you are scrolling horizontally it should help! Start watching at 11:30 (quick 2 minute clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C89fysipC8

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Soulglowdeej,

Drag it basically depends on the direction in which the element is moving. e.g if the element is moving towards the right side, then you got to drag right and the animation would appear. If the object is moving down, then the gesture would be drag down. Hope it helps, please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

If you wish to set direction first, please raise it here: -Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and share the thread us so that we can keep a track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_Saini,

Just to be sure, cause I am having a similar challenge with the dragging gestures:

At the moment it's not possible to drag an object to two different artboards?

E.g.

Here I want to drag the object in the middle to left OR right depending on where you drag it.

It is working to the right but not to the left because I can't specifiy a second artboard.

Drag-Gesture.png

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, the drag option works only in one direction (Right to Left)

Please vote for this feature request Specify drag direction – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs to stay tuned to the latest announcements around it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My objects are moving down and yet the drag is left to right. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to share your file with Atul over a private message? Upload your file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with him. To send a private message, click his picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent over the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finaly an adove employee who dosent ask you "have your tried turning restarting your computer", thanks man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this answer helpful in solving the question in the OP title  - how to specify the direction.  It doesn't allow you to have multiple drag directions however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit Reply on the wrong thread, I am referring to Milad's answer - apply the drag interaction to the group not the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I have this problem with adobe xd too, but I find the way!

if you connect artboards together directly with Drag Action, the drag direction just works on Right To Left, but if you connect the objects inside the artboards (e.g Text) as you want to have Drag Action on it, then it works correctly as you want (RTL Or LTR), I concluded.

Good Luck 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the workaround solution that worked for you, Milad. This will definitely help our customers. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Special Thanks for your attention 🙂

🙏🙏🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Milad,

How would it work in this example?  I want to drag the middle circle multiple directions towards the categories. each category has a different artboard. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, h.nisar

It seems cool, but I need every category (artboard) screenshot separately for more clear sense from your issue if possible, Then I will definitely do whatever to help you 🙂

Best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Milad,

Could you upload a little tutorial or some screenshots showing how you solved the drag issue? It would be SUPER useful! 🙂

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milad, thanks a lot for your workaround, but how does it work exactly? As I link the elements on the artboard it's the same. For each element just one drag option is available... what us the Trick? 

Thanka a lot! 

Best Phillip 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this and did not understand it - but then I watched this video and it all made sense - https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/courses/advanced-adobe-xd-for-everyone/lessons/combining-masks-and-au... (go to 7:50)

They show how you can use drag in both directions - so really to do this you must set up your destination artboard with the element you want to be able to drag going in the direction you want - like right for example, and in Prototype mode you must select that element directly - as in, don't select the artboard as a whole to link your artboards, go within the artboard and select the specific group or element. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drag.gif

I've got another problem. I made a button with masking overlay. I want to drag overlay left or right to accept or decline something with this button. The problem is: my overlay move from left to right, but to start interraction i must drag to the other way.drag.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the Component State but the Drag trigger is not available so you have to use the Tap, which may or may not be a good solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, they're not good solutions. I know, I can move mask and let the green rectangle stay, but it doesn't let me move the button moth ways with different effect (drag right -green, drag left - red)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you who wanted to see more detials, I found this workaround. If you are scrolling horizontally it should help! Start watching at 11:30 (quick 2 minute clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C89fysipC8

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How on earth is this a work around? The video shows horizontal dragging ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish this feature existed! I am stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines