• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop action on Artboard which is not wired in prototype?

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working on some design which have like 10 artboards. I have wired them as per design and using keyboard operations (Up/Dn/Lt/Rt) for navigation.

While the one that are wired works as expected but if two artboards are not wired and they are adjacent to each other. Clicking the rt or left Key on keyboard navigation takes me to the next artboard (which is not wired with previous one). This is not expected to work!

This creates confusion when I share the design with the client user. How to prevent it? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Thanks for sharing additional information and sorry for the delay in response. In order to share only wired artboard, please set artboard 1 as home artboard, and then publish the link. If you will preview the prototype on the XD app it will show all the artboard however when you preview using the link it will only show wired artboard. Please refer to the screenshot below and the design review link.

Link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/0c98d657-be5a-4fd8-571f-37bdd829ec75-7aa9/

Screenshot: 

Wiredartboard.PNG

Let

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please confirm if you are talking about navigating while previewing on XD? If yes, a non-wired artboard will be available if you navigate using the arrow keys, however, if you navigate using triggers set while prototyping it will only show wired artboards. When you publish the prototype and share it with the stakeholders you can set wired artboard as home artboard and only the wired artboard will be shared.

Let us know, if this answers your question or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I face issue while previewing as well as after sharing the links.

Let me try to explain the issue with an example and a source file

There are 5 artboards in the design. I have wired first four of them as per design and using keyboard operations (Right key) for navigation.

Artboard 5 is not wired with any Artboard.

Still it navigates on doing right click navigation from Artboard 4 to Artboard 5 and then Artboard1. I don't want this to work! i.e. In prototype, Artboard 4 should not navigate to Artboard5 if they are not wired. Similiarly Artboard 5 should not navigate to Artboard1 and so on.

This creates confusion on navigation when I share the design link with the another user. How to prevent it? Any suggestions?

Here is the link:  https://xd.adobe.com/view/a0dc468f-3a14-43db-4959-5abd2ed451b4-d6ed/?fullscreen

Also source file  is attached : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aiE4iQne-ggtqa4ANN0mVFIJLh1lrWsd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing additional information and sorry for the delay in response. In order to share only wired artboard, please set artboard 1 as home artboard, and then publish the link. If you will preview the prototype on the XD app it will show all the artboard however when you preview using the link it will only show wired artboard. Please refer to the screenshot below and the design review link.

Link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/0c98d657-be5a-4fd8-571f-37bdd829ec75-7aa9/

Screenshot: 

Wiredartboard.PNG

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines