• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Overlays in XD prototype?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with a weird situation here and i would love some help please. So i am in prototype mode and i have imported a png file displaying an android keyboard. When i try to use a button with a tap trigger that would lead to the keyboard as an overlay it seems that i cannot choose the keyboard. I tried everything. I made the image keyboard component, masked with shape, but it is not there for adobe xd. The other way around is working. You can select the image (keyboard) and set a trigger-like tap that drives you to an artboard. What should i do ? Help pleaxd.pngaxd2.pngase !

{Rename By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

The overlay needs to be an artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlay needs to be an artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kenneth! problem solved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth, 

I'm having a similar problem and I cannot find a solution for it. 

I'm trying to use an overlay on a long (scrolling) Landingpage for a desktop version. Unfortunately it seems like I cannot move the green Overlay frame lower down on the layout, since it apparently has to stick inside of the viewport. I don't want to change the size of the viewport. Is there anything I can do to move the green overlay frame? 

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-07 um 12.43.00.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-07 um 12.42.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try using component states instead of overlay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ilias, 

Thanks for reaching out. I found a UserGuide that might help you so please refer to this guide https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/add-overlays.html and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines