• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge bug when using color assets on character styles

Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered a MASSIVE bug that can potentially destroy a whole design system. I spent 2 sessions over several hours with Adobe support until they finally acknowledged that it was indeed a bug.

Basically, when applying colours from the saved colour assets, XD often applies a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT COLOUR.

For example, if you right-click on a character style and choose edit, then apply a new colour by selecting with the eyedropper tool from a swatch of your saved colours, the applied colour will be WRONG.

#75E6A9 becomes #6AE29F, #E05B43becomes #DC503B etc...

The difference in colour is not instantly obvious so this can potentially wreck a whole design system as it happened to me. A workaround is to use the eyedropper on an element that is already on the artboard, NOT the saved swatch.

I've only been able to recreate the bug when applying colours to character styles but when I shared my design I noticed loads of duplicate colours. Basically, the same thing had happened on quite a few elements of my design, not just character styles.

Beware!!

Adobe's response was that they'll try to fix it in the next release.

Yet another example of how an ill-conceived time-saving feature becomes a wrecking ball.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response and for all the frustration. I understand what you are going through. I would feel the same in your situation. It looks like you are experiencing a kind of similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/panel-color-picker-picks-up-the-light-color-in-adobe-xd/td-p...

I would request you to please go through the post if this is similar and try the suggested solution mentioned in the correct answer of the post and see if that helps.

Please let me know if this is not what you are experiencing and share a short video that describes the problem. 

I will try my best to investigate the issue and escalate it further to the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines