I can't animate a component to a second state, using as a trigger a button nested inside

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I created a componente (Drawer) with a second state. Inside this component, I have a button, wich I want to use as a trigger to the second state of the main component where is nested this button, but when I go to Prototype and select "Auto Animate" it only shows me other states of this button instead the second state of the second state of the main component. I have erase these state of the button, put the botton outside the component itself, but nothing seems to work out. I have tried this archive in a Mac of a friend, and there it shows this option of using a button nested into another component to use as a trigger to animate the pass to another state of the main component, and I don't understand why this is not working on my computer with Windows, as both of us are using the same plan (Free Plan) of Adobe XD, is this a a function only on the Mac version?, or is something not working on my Adobe XD?

As I said before, I'm usign the Free Plan of Adobe XD on a PC with Windows 10 Pro 64-bits (version 18363), with DX 12, and I have the Adobe XD update with the last version abailable

Any help is welcome!

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can't use a nested component as a trigger for the 'container' component. You can use any other element, but not if it's a component. You can use a group, however. So you can group that nested component on its own, and then add the trigger to the group.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines