Highlighted

I can't edit default and hover/new states independently of each other

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC so I don't know if that is the problem, but I cannot create a hover or new state in components and edit them independently from each other. According to the tutorials, I should be able to create a new or hover state, edit whatever it is I need to edit, and the original default state will be preserved. Whatever I do in one happens in the other. Help please!

TOPICS
Design, How to, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't edit default and hover/new states independently of each other

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC so I don't know if that is the problem, but I cannot create a hover or new state in components and edit them independently from each other. According to the tutorials, I should be able to create a new or hover state, edit whatever it is I need to edit, and the original default state will be preserved. Whatever I do in one happens in the other. Help please!

TOPICS
Design, How to, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Spas K. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a hover / second state, and don't change anything in it, it inherits any changes made to the default state.

If you edit the hover state after making it (change the color of a rectangle for example), this is considered an override, and will now be independent of any changes made to the default state.

Anything you haven't changed will still inherit properties from the Default state.

Changes made to the other states should NOT affect the Default state. If that's the case, it sounds like a bug.

If that info doesn't help, please upload a screenshot or a video of your process, so we can see what the problem might be.

Also, let us know what you are trying to change specifically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0