• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have the latest version of XD and I keep getting a 'This file was created with a newer version of XD' message.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my colleague sends me files lately I keep getting this message, I already uninstalled the entire Adobe Creative Suite once and it worked, but do I have to do this every time I open a file sent to me by someone else? That's too inconvenient!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

I removed it and installed it again (Adobe didn't let me 'update' it like other apps) and I got the version 9.1.12.3, at least now I'm compatible with a colleague. Hopefully I don't have to uninstall and install yet again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marias,

sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused to you, could you please share the exact version of Adobe XD that you are using?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the version 8.1.22.2, Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.2.33, I already downloaded the entire Creative Suit once and it solved the problem but I appear to have the same problem again, my coworker seems to have the 9.2.12.3 but my Adobe manager doesn't let me 'update' XD like it allows me to update photoshop etc.Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 2.55.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version is 10.0.12.9, I wonder if you're not allowed to update two versions worth? If you use the Uninstall option, then Install again, what version do you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed it and installed it again (Adobe didn't let me 'update' it like other apps) and I got the version 9.1.12.3, at least now I'm compatible with a colleague. Hopefully I don't have to uninstall and install yet again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD files are not backward compatible. A file created in the latest version of Adobe XD cannot be opened in a previous version. Ensure that your version is in sync with your colleague's version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague is working on a version in Windows version 28.1.12 (latest for windows), while two of us have version 27.2.12.4 for MAC, now we can't collaborate as it is telling us we don't have the latest version, yet there no updates on Creative Cloud. Kindly Assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my colleague is working on a version in Windows 10, XD version 28.1.12 (latest for windows), while two of us have version 27.2.12.4 for MAC, now we can't collaborate as it is telling us we don't have the latest version, yet there no updates on Creative Cloud. Kindly Assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to the team every month for over 2 years.

Solved: We're moving to Figma at the earliest opportunity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unfortunately if this keeps happening, we will have no other choice but to move to an alternative. this has been bugging us for several months now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Preran

We are having this issue in my office still. We are all on the same version, but if I have installed it more recently and work on a file, then someone else tries to open that file who installed XD last week (the same version) - they will get the error that it was created with a newer version of XD.

Now we can uninstall and reinstall and then it works, but it then just happens again with the next person.

I have already had to do this twice today. We are all on Macs using updated IOS 10.13.6 and version 12.0.12.10 of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshuas,

Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused to you, could you please share a sample file with us so that we can try it here at our end? Please upload the file on CC or Dropbox and share the link with us.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do we know the solution? I have the same problem. I'm using xd 12 on both my laptop and phone and I am getting "File Format Incompatible" error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leonardinio, Could you please share the screenshot of the error message that you have encountered? I would like to inform you that we have recently launched a new version Adobe XD 13. Please upgrade to the latest version to enjoy all the new features: -XD Updates | Adobe Blog. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens for me everytime! Onlu unistal and insall again to get a new version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Can't open files that colleagues have created, even it Adobe Updater says I have the newest version and that there are no updates. Argh... come on! To be honest this reminds me of why I changed away from Adobe ... I'm trying XD again now, but already this is a major issue! What to do? I can't uninstall everytime this happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have the same problem. I'm trying to open a Cloud document but I get the error

This was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.

Adobe XD is up to date. Version 22.1.12.5, cloud sync v 4.3.16.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update is 24.x.x. Please update to the latest version whenever it is convenient with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, thanks a lot for the quick reply. However, the Creative Cloud app says Adobe XD is up to date to the latest version and I have no way to update this app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely is weird. Can you try the solutions in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html and let us know if they helped? For urgent assistance you can get in touch with us directly using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button to get started.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My "About XD" window indicate I'm on version 27.2.12.4. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling XD. I even tried uninstall CC. I am unable to open a file from a colleague, and I'm unable to take advantage of the new features just release a few days ago. Any hint on what I should do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I just came across this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-28-is-temporarily-unavailable/m-p/10979271?page=1 saying that V28 release was pulled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still the only fix. Uninstall the app and then just install it again... People have been having to do this since 2014... Please resolve this issue! Surely adobe does not need us to send more screenshots - it's been the same issue since 2014!!! Just get it fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 1.56.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in 2020 on Big Sur, six years in.Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 10.34.14.pngScreenshot 2021-01-18 at 10.35.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines