• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm facing problems with scroll groups, editing texts, fonts and prototyping animation.

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been facing this 'editing text' problem for a long time. When I open and use Xd, it works fine for a few minutes. Then it starts doing this thing where I can't edit any text. Like artboard title, or elements/components name in the layers section, texts that I use in the artboard. I again and again have to go to home and open the file that I'm using so I can edit any text for only one time. This one is really affecting my work speed. And I've been facing it for like 2-3 months.

Second is, Xd always forgets the fonts I've downloaded and installed in my pc. There's this one font I installed. Now everyday, before opening the file in Xd, I always have to delete and install the font in my pc. And when I close Xd, it happens again.

Third is, I thought about using a map in one of my project. I watched the Howard Pinsky's video of using scroll groups. I used 'Horizontal-Vertical scroll' for the map thing. And it didn't work. Worked fine in the Howard's video but not in mine. I followed everything he did. It wasn't even hard to do that thing but it didn't work.

And fourth is, I was designing this fitness project. I designed a calorie and sleep counter using components>state using auto animate and gave them ease in and out easing. Those counters worked fine when the artboard they were in wasn't connected to any other artboards. But when I connect they artboard with other artboards, it started breaking the animation. I was so sad because I gave this project a lot of time and efforts.

I love Xd and don't want to stop using it. But first two problems make it hard to use Xd, even for normal projects. Please correct these bugs!

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Design , Known Issue , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. On previous occasions, we have received reports on unable to edit text on Windows machine, and most of the time the issue gets resolved by updating the graphics card driver to the latest update as per the manufacturer's website or re-installing the drivers. 

For the font issue, could you confirm if you are using any font manager? Also, if it is happening with variable font, would you mind installing fonts-weight separately and check if it works.

Regarding Scroll Groups, are you referring to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOnqkDKEAY?

If yes, would you mind confirming at which step you are unable to reproduce at your end? 

Regarding the Fitness project issue, we'll need a video of what exactly is happening at your end? Along with all the information, we'll also need the version of XD and OS.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines