Idea for converting from Sketch

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sketch basically forces you to define states as different artboards. Because let's face it, creatiing overrides is such a pain with sketch. With XD states has changed everything for me.

For a UX designer this isn't so bad. But when it comes to the UI side of things. It's a total pain. Converting multiple sketch symbols into a single symbol with mulitple states is a massive pain. It shuts me down and requires to do so much production work just to be able to make a toggle switch auto animate. Anything that needs to be auto animated from one state to the other reliably requires a ton of work.

For the life of me don't know why anyone likes using Sketch for so many reasons. XD has is downsides for sure. But I can work faster in it hands down. 

So I had an idea!!!!!

I do love the "/" for organizing symbols. Why can't XD reccognize this organization technique to convert several symbols into a symbol with states when a design system is downloaded for XD that would be amazing.

Use the "*" to identify a sketch symbols state? This wouldn't require anything on the Sketch side with the exception that the designer just add the "*state" name. Basically hack the hell out of Sketch.

Sketch Symbol example:

Element/in/toggle *default
Element/in/toggle *on

And then when you open the sketch file within XD you get:

Element/in/toggle  - with two different state already created. default and On.

I would be off and running with my auto animated prototype!

TOPICS
Design, Import and export, Missing feature, Product performance, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020
Hi there, Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing your idea and feedback on our XD Community. We would suggest posting your query here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests on our XD UserVoice page which is the best place to share the ideas and feature request with our engineering team. Hope it helps. Thanks, Harshika

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing your idea and feedback on our XD Community. We would suggest posting your query here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests on our XD UserVoice page which is the best place to share the ideas and feature request with our engineering team.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines