• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If adobe XD is free now, why cant I use it on a 3rd device logged into CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what the title says. I think it seems really inconsistent that you can download XD for free now, but it then gets locked out if you are logged into a 3rd device on you CC subscription. I was talking to one of the sales team about it and they said that my current plan doesn't allow it. Which basically means that the people who aren't paying for CC get a better service compared to the people who do pay for CC???

Just seems very odd.

Would appreciate any work a rounds / solutions so I don't have to keep on signing in and out of my 3 devices all the time. Its getting very annoying.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

From what I know, you would still need an Adobe ID account to install the free version of XD, so the 2 computer limit should still apply. I've not tested that myself to be 100% sure, but to the best of my knowledge that it how it would work.

The 2 computer limit is simply how Adobe licensing works, as far as I know for all their apps.Even though there is a free version of XD, it is limited to one actively shared project at a time. If you want multiple shared projects you need to pay for XD, so th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr_Simmons,

We're sorry for the frustration. I understand I would feel the same way in your situation. But according to the terms of use of Creative Cloud licensing terms. You can install the Creative Cloud application on multiple computers, activate the app on up to two computers and use the software on one computer at a time. Please check this article for more info. On how many computers can I use my Creative Cloud subscription? 

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same restriction apply if I am not paying for a subscription? So if I just have an Adobe ID but am not paying for CC, will I still be restricted to only 2 'active' devices at a time? I just seams really silly because XD is free. That sort of restriction does make sense for the payed subscription, but XD if free to anyone so why have it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I know, you would still need an Adobe ID account to install the free version of XD, so the 2 computer limit should still apply. I've not tested that myself to be 100% sure, but to the best of my knowledge that it how it would work.

The 2 computer limit is simply how Adobe licensing works, as far as I know for all their apps.Even though there is a free version of XD, it is limited to one actively shared project at a time. If you want multiple shared projects you need to pay for XD, so that's why Adobe requires you to have an account for even the free version of XD.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines