• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I copy an existing XD file it keeps the Share link

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing XD file that I made for a customer and also shared with that customer using Share for review. Now, to use that existing XD file to use as a base for a new customer project, I make a copy of the original file. The new file keeps the Share link from the first file. This means the old customer suddenly has access to the new customers work and vice versa. Not good.

It does not matter if I copy the XD file on the OS level (Mac) or use Save as from within XD.

So the XD file "remembers" it's share link or has the same id as the old file or whatever is going on.

As a workaround, kind of, I can create a new share link from the new file but now that file have two share links (the old one which is the same as the original file it was copied from + the new link) and I can't delete the old share link without also deleting it from the original file (ie the xd file that was used to make my new copy).

This sure sounds like a a bug to me or how is it supposed to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your observations. We will share this feedback with the product team. Meanwhile, use the drop down menu to create a new link for your other client. Let us know if this helps.

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 12.59.15 PM.png

Thanks,
Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see your point about - creating a copy of XD document should not preserve the previously published links. You would always want a fresh start for links when you create a copy. Given that link information is currently stored in the document for various other reasons, I can imagine clearing up of links when you perform a 'Save as' operation from within XD. But it would not work if you create a copy at OS level since XD would not have control. 

Would you want the links to be cleared even in below scenarios? 

• 'Save as' of a local document to cloud doc
  • 'Save as' of a cloud doc to local doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines