• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Masking not working in PDF on Websites

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I created some UI documentation that had several Masked images on the page, and these looked great in an Exported PDF document, but when uploaded and viewed on a Confluence website the masked where missing and images positions where moved to where the mask was.  but when the same PDF was downloaded from Confluence to the desktop the masked came back.

My workflow was to export XD Artboards as PDFs;  import them into Indesign and Export the entire document as PDF.  my workaround was to replace all PDF with PNG files.

Not a difficult one to solve but if working with Jira or Confluence be aware mask dont work correctly.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually with a PDF when it works in Acrobat it's OK, but on other viewers there's no guarantee that it will work.

Suppose you're talking about opacity masking? Don't expect that to work in other reader applications (than Acrobat).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines