• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Import & Export]-Error while exporting an asset twice in a row an error occurs.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a component as a PNG (and overwriting an existing file with the same name), then editing the component an trying to export it once more, quite often (but not always...) an error occurs ("There was a problem exporting your asset.")
The exported file isn't locked or used by any other application. Sometimes shutting down XD and starting again helps, but not always. The only work-around is to rename the asset, exporting it, and then renaming it back to the original name, which obviously is not a proper solution.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble exporting an asset in XD. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end, may be I am missing something. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it possible for you to share a short video of the issue whenever it happen for better understanding? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika

In order to reproduce the error, I think one has to drag&drop the exported file (in this case a PNG) back into XD. I can't be 100% sure but it seems to be the case for me.

So, my work process is to edit the asset, export it as PNG, then drag that back into XD next to the asset for comparison of the rendition. Whenever I try export that asset again (e.g. after making some edits) this problem occurs.

My XD version is 27.1.12.4 on Windows 10.

Many thanks!

19-02-_2020_12-21-01.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't look usual to me. I suggest getting in touch with the tech support team https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m who can perform a more comprehensive investigation, and log a bug wth the product team if necessary.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines