• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing an image makes it 1/2 of its original resolution

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When placing image with 1000x400 resolution it gets automatically downsized to 500x200. This is a Windows only problem. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

As Elaine mentioned, this is expected behavior.

Many designs eventually need an export of at least twice the resolution (some even more...) Since most JPEGs are created at and imported with 72 DPI, Adobe XD decided to instantly scale them down on the artboard to half their size, cramming all pixels together to a whopping 144 DPI. So the Export can be achieved with enough pixels for a normal and twice as high resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
I've just noticed that if I copypaste images from a web browser,
 literally just right click ---> copy image ---> paste into XD document, the image keeps its original resolution. But as soon as I save it on my computer and then drag and drop it into the document it gets downsized to a half. Same goes with the importing the saved image (shift + ctrl + I).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing a JPG automatically halves the size, but any other supported document format will come in at 100%. This is the same on Windows and Mac, so it isn't a Windows-specific issue. If you're interested in seeing this change, please do upvote in UserVoice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Elaine mentioned, this is expected behavior.

Many designs eventually need an export of at least twice the resolution (some even more...) Since most JPEGs are created at and imported with 72 DPI, Adobe XD decided to instantly scale them down on the artboard to half their size, cramming all pixels together to a whopping 144 DPI. So the Export can be achieved with enough pixels for a normal and twice as high resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines