• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Import & Export]-Svg distorted when scaling down even with responsive resize turned off in XD.

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image below - inserted to xd and scaled down by hand while holding shift (let's say to 28.85px) gets deformed, even if responsive resize is turned off.

https://image.flaticon.com/icons/svg/747/747310.svg

TOPICS
Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

It has to do with pixel snapping. Ungroup it, and then click the Add button (to the right of Repeat Grid) at the top right of the Properties Inspector on the right of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the distortion doesn't happen if you manually insert integer dimension or if you are lucky to stumble upon an integer value while scaling by dragging (which is not easy). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and using XD. Based on what you said, it looks like the svg is getting distorted when resized. Would you mind checking this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-adobe-xd-resize-svg-without-distortion/td-p/10880105?... which seems to be similar to your query? Could you please check and if this is same, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I don't think the scaling tool (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480839--scaling-...) will completely solve this issue! In this case, scaling works at integer values! So i would say it's another issue, what do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had the same problem... but think i solved it. So, after drawing your icon on Illustrator, just convert it into shapes (by expanding), then using shape builder tool just make it complete one. And then when importing in XD scaling will work in a proper way. Interesting fact, that that problem doesn't occur with all drawn icons

I hope will be helpful. Orkhan O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has to do with pixel snapping. Ungroup it, and then click the Add button (to the right of Repeat Grid) at the top right of the Properties Inspector on the right of the screen.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines