Highlighted

[Import & Export]-SVG downloads create issue on Adobe XD

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. When we export any asset in SVG format, it gets placed in a corner and we end up opening it in illustrator and again exporting it.

2.We have created a few tutorial screen designs for a mobile application but while I am exporting the entire screen into SVG format but while importing it into the Android platform it shows multiple errors even when all the elements in the design are converted into path. desktop(1).png
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kenneth Kawamoto | Adobe Community Professional

> When we export any asset in SVG format, it gets placed in a corner and we end up opening it in illustrator and again exporting it.

Illustrator generates SVG in a wrong way - because the file needs to be read back in Illustrator, I presume. What XD produces is the correct SVG.

TOPICS
Import and export, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Import & Export]-SVG downloads create issue on Adobe XD

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. When we export any asset in SVG format, it gets placed in a corner and we end up opening it in illustrator and again exporting it.

2.We have created a few tutorial screen designs for a mobile application but while I am exporting the entire screen into SVG format but while importing it into the Android platform it shows multiple errors even when all the elements in the design are converted into path. desktop(1).png
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kenneth Kawamoto | Adobe Community Professional

> When we export any asset in SVG format, it gets placed in a corner and we end up opening it in illustrator and again exporting it.

Illustrator generates SVG in a wrong way - because the file needs to be read back in Illustrator, I presume. What XD produces is the correct SVG.

TOPICS
Import and export, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hina,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are having trouble exporting asset in SVG format in XD. Would you mind checking this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html and see if you're exporting which is not supported?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 1