Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Import-Export]- XD exporting to PDF issue

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is me being a moron as I'm quite new to XD. I have a basic phone graphic with an image masked inside;  I'm finding when I add this component from my CC library to an artboard in XD, and try to export the artboard as a pdf, it is blowing out the image to be full size within the graphic. It only happens when exporting to pdf. 

Is there a way to solve this?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Imogen,

Thanks for reaching out. If I understood it correctly, I added an image to the Artboard from the CC library and then masked it with a shape and then exported it as PDF and on my end, it seems to be exporting correctly. If that's not what you are following, I'd request if you can share a small video or a few screenshots of the workflow that you are following so that we can check it on our end. To share the video you can add it to cloud storage and share the link here.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you creating mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue.

I took a screen shot of an image. Drag the screen shot into XD. Resize and mask the image. Then, when I export as a PDF, the image is blown out. Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 1.07.40 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share original screenshot for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the bug in with XD (version 30.0.12.14)  on macOS (10.15.5). If you manually mask the image with Shape and export it to PDF, then if you view the pdf in the Preview app ((Version 11.0 (999.4)) or  Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2020.009.20067), it will show the image incorrectly and even inverted/flipped.

I have noticed that if you drag the image over the masking shape, then It will export correctly in pdf format when viewed in the preview app and Acrobat Pro DC it will show the mask correctly. 

Refer the Screenshots -

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 12.48.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 12.43.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 12.46.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 12.53.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 12.53.58 PM.png

@Rishabh_Tiwari

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishu,

We were unable to reproduce this on our end on macOS 10.15.4 and XD 30.0.12. Have you tested this with different files? 

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite understand what you mean by different files?.

I have created the video of the whole process - https://youtu.be/CdbRRaDQe0Q  

And files can be downloaded from the following link  - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10xJaWb8z3DBd0oSvv-flPUdNkN-CYLPE?usp=sharing

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. It blows and inverts the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines