I would like to ask, if I have made a design in Illustrator for example a web page with many artboards, can I import all the elements in adobe xd or do I need to design them again inside the adobe xd? I tryed to do copy and paste from illustrator, it works but if I copy and paste a shape and a text the text doesn't work (is not active) it is like an image but I can not separate it from the shape.
I am looking forward for your answer
You can;t import directly a AI file, but you can do a couple of things:
- Just copy the ai content and paste it to XD
- Export the content as SVG or any image file from Illustrator using the Export for selection, then choose a format or multiple ones
I am working on something similar and saw this discussion. I'm using Adobe CC.
So I am able to open my Ai files in XD and it imports correctly (all shapes and layers are intact).
However, the artboard size seems to be very different (Ai is bigger), even though I used the template of iPhone 6/7/8 in both softwares. When I try to scale the work so that it can fit the smaller artboard of XD, all sorts of stuff doesn't work (e.g. all line-thickness stays the same) and fixing that would be too much effort.
Do you have any idea, why the size difference and how I could easily fix that?
Thanks for visiting this thread. I would like update this with the latest info-
To open an Illustrator file in XD, do one of the following:
- In XD, select File > Open. Navigate to the required folder, select an .ai file, and open in XD. You can also use the Cmd+O (Mac), or Ctrl+O (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
- Drag the Ai file over the XD icon (on Mac only).
- Right-click the Illustrator file and select Open with > XD from the sub menu.
Here’s a list of what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-illustrator-files-in-xd.html
Hope it helps.