Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In windows version of XD File/edit/object/view menu elements are not available

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I know theoretically, I should find it under the hamburger menu (this is something that I hate. But practically they aren't here.

Also I have a proposal. Would be great if I could pin frequently used plugins and function to the top (or bottom) of the window. I cannot remember every shortcut, and not too user-friendly find the frequently used things every time under the hamburger menu under the 2nd floor.2019-04-17 10_56_54-.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Hi All,

Good News 🙂

In XD 38.0 version, we have the top menu bar in windows as well. Please update to the current version and let us know if you don't see it. We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabors,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and explaining the situation. In Windows, you can just right click on the object and choose actions from there. Here are some steps that may help: - Group, lock, duplicate, flip, and copy objects in Adobe XD.

Kindly update this discussion in case you are having trouble locating any specific functionality, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,with right click you cannot use eg.: mask with shape.

eg . it is missing form every menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabor,

Would it be possible for you to share the design specs using this link: - Publish your prototype, design specs, and cloud documents and share it with stakeholders by providin...​? I would also request you to follow the steps mentioned here to mask objects: - Combine objects using Boolean operations and mask objects with shapes in Adobe XD.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Atul_Saini,

It's probably worth sending this up the chain to the team/person/exec responsible for UI paradigms: https://www.i-programmer.info/news/177-windows-8/12767-microsoft-give-up-on-uwp.html

There are serious structural problems in the UI model you're pursuing with XD, and the app violates fundamental UI principles and interaction design heuristics. Even in a world where UWP is a mandate (and it looks like that world will not materialize), the XD path you're traveling is broken.

I've been using Adobe products for a really long time, but honestly XD is a swing and a miss. I've seen a bunch of similar feedback so I imagine this isn't the first time you've heard it.

For now I'm going to stick with Figma, but I'll give XD another spin if y'all come to your senses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabor, when trying to use Mask with Shape are you selecting multiple objects or just a single object?

I use Windows and am able to have the Mask with Shape option show up on right clicking.
Sometimes it depends which item you have in front as well.

Two shapes works fine, but if you're working with text or lines and shapes you need to make sure the shape is on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having only a hamburger menu is the Windows UWP design paradigm that Adobe has chosen to use. You can ready more in their response here. Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

As for masking, it should be in the right-click. Make sure you have both things selected (the thing you want to mask, and the shape you want to mask it with) when you right-click on them.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Good News 🙂

In XD 38.0 version, we have the top menu bar in windows as well. Please update to the current version and let us know if you don't see it. We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines