Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting an external link in Xd

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to insert an external link to a button in Xd (a web site URL or an e-mail adres) and can't find the function. Is there an option to do that in Xd?

Please help!!

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

The wait is over, with today's latest XD update, you can now create hyperlinks in XD. Please see this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-hyperlinks.html for more info.

Check out our What's new page for more feature updates.

Please update XD to 47 version and share your experience with us by creating separate posts on the related topics.

We will be happy to help. We appreciated your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. We understand your eagerness for this feature. If you're visiting this thread for the first time, please submit your feedback here: Link to external URLs – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and upvote the request.

As a workaround, you can check out the "Anima Plugin" in the XD plugin panel that can help you with linking to an external URL. Once you have the plugin installed, select the object in your design and click on the + icon in front of the link and to add the URL. 

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1618510976656.png

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,
When are you going to create external link on XD so we can create a website URL link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's completed one year, still we are not get this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is it still under review??

i need this feature!

please add it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this feature will help us a lot and opens many possibilities for interactive design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is this still under review? these should be standard features. UXpin and other are so ahead of adobe .. i am really dissapointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

É Novembro de 2021 e já não temos mais esperança 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is January 2021 and we are still waiting for it 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost March 2021, almost 3 years after this has been raised and it's still not here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope ... almost 5 years:
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12954396-link-to-e...

This is the Adobe Uservoice ... this issue is with 4400 votes and nota single line of code to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD has been a big disappointment lately. I have moved all my accounts and projects to Figma and I am about to abbandon Adobe CC entirely. The reason are simple things like this one. Why are you being so difficult about this? People are asking for some simple feature that they need for their professional work, delivery to stakeholders and saving time overall. Three years ago you said "We understand your eagerness for this feature.", and now, we think you don't. So farewell XD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just passing to say that I leave XD as my UX and UI Tool, I've been testing many different tools, anda Figma and UX Pin were the best of the simple ones, and for those who have and IOS Sketch is the best. 

I'm fine with Figma, and my big prototypes and design system is working fast in my mid config PC. Well, I hope you guys that are unhappy here do the same and stop hoping for some solution of a company who leave you behind for almost 5 years ... with a simple issue. Shame on Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes agreed lets all move over to figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… there was a time when I thought: "hey cool, Adobe is back in user oriented business" – but that was just a missunderstanding. Nothing behind that thought is true. Adobe is still the same arrogant company than before. But in this case you have missed the chance to get industrys leadership. Meanwhile all our clients force us to use Sketch for design and prototyping.

You should listen more and be more loyal to your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not help. It makes things more difficult to work on and it is not an elegant solution for external links.
What are you waiting for? For all of us to move to FIGMA?
WAKE UP ADOBE!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hay!!!! Hurry up  Sketch have done right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peran, if you give a look at the link that you posted you'll see more than 2100 votes for this feature! This feature has been asked for more than 3 years, why is this taking so long? You already have things like this in Adobe Acrobat, just put that lines of codes inside the XD with some adaptations. 

My think is that you have lost track of that request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

Is it possible that it not yet an option to add en external link? That's unbelievable. When will this feature or plug in arrive? I see that it has been underway for three years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

Is there a plugin for this feature yet in XD?

I second FuturelineMediaDenmark it has been underway for three years!

It is much needed!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wheeeeeeeeeeeen!!!?? 😫😫😫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this has (and should have) any priority...

The goal of XD is to let designers create a mockup, a prototype at best. So if you want to show how a button or anything serves as a link to a website or an email, add an artboard with a screenshot to mimic this behavior, and hook it up with that button. It's all a matter of make-believe, not to make it work for real...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Maybe it's not what you (or Adobe) intends to do with XD but about the way your users are using it! Your're right: usually we just design Websites or Apps with Tool like Sketch and XD. But yesterday I rapidly built up a onepage website as a menu for a restaurant … And I was thinking by mayself „why don't they combine their tools to one ecosystem? Why don't they have the posibility to hand over XD-Designed Sites to Dreamweaver or things like that … ?“ It feels a bit arrogant when you try to tell your users in which way they have to use your tool … I think you should have a look at the bigger picture and should work much harder on XD … just to get closer to Sketch … or to create a new type of standard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My perceived "arrogance" might be rooted in 34 years of using a mixed bag of tools of Adobe (and a few other brands) for various kinds of print and interactive media, and 28 years of experience with designing for the web (and about a decade for apps). I also once wished and expected tools to converge into one. I also thought having one tool or method to professionally design, create, produce, and publish print media, videos, websites, or apps would be fine. I've seen the many "Bigger Pictures" of various digital media ecosystems by now, but it didn't turn out that way. It never will...

For your onepager you could be happy with WixSquarespace or one of the zillion WordPress templates. But beware, client always want more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines