[Install]-Unable to Install msi version of XD.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to install Adobe XD onto Windows 10 1809 via an msi package, which has been downloaded via the Adobe Admin Console, so this is the latest version.

The package refuses to install and the log files are not that clear as to the exact cause. All the Adobe support people can find is some error 505 errors. I have been working with Adobe support for best part of 6 weeks and still not made any real progress.

The package will not install if you run the MSI via our Deployment Solution or if you manually run the MSI under a Domain Admin account, whic is also a member of the local admin group. However, it will install if you use the local built-in admin account. It is not possible to change the user account we use from our Deployment solution as this is supplied by a third party. It also install to an unusual location c:\Program Files\Windowsapps

Has anyone any (successful) experience of packaging XD that they could share or any help/advice to try and get XD to install. We have to install on multiple computers so doing it manually is not really feasible.

Many thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darry,

We apologize for the bad experience and sorry to hear you are having trouble installing XD in your machine. Would you mind sharing the support Case ID with me over a private message so that we can investigate about the status of your request? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines