Highlighted

Installed fonts not showing the font family correctly in XD on windows machine.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the fonts (Karla, Spectral) I installed on my system are not being found by XD.

Sometimes I could get away with installing the fonts once again, and reopening the XD, but now even this doesn't work. 

Now after installing the fonts several times, I see the font in fonts panel, and in its font-weight menu I start seeing multiple font weights like 3 regular, 3 italics, 3 bold. But they still don't work and the font is still not working and shown missing on the layers section.

Yes, fonts are showing correctly well in C:Windows/fonts folder.

Tried installing fonts on all users.

Tried deleting and reinstalling fonts.

Tried signing out and in of creative cloud.

Tried restarting.

Tried using a font manager to manage fonts (FontBase).

All to no avail.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I am using the latest version of XD on the latest Windows 10.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installed fonts not showing the font family correctly in XD on windows machine.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the fonts (Karla, Spectral) I installed on my system are not being found by XD.

Sometimes I could get away with installing the fonts once again, and reopening the XD, but now even this doesn't work. 

Now after installing the fonts several times, I see the font in fonts panel, and in its font-weight menu I start seeing multiple font weights like 3 regular, 3 italics, 3 bold. But they still don't work and the font is still not working and shown missing on the layers section.

Yes, fonts are showing correctly well in C:Windows/fonts folder.

Tried installing fonts on all users.

Tried deleting and reinstalling fonts.

Tried signing out and in of creative cloud.

Tried restarting.

Tried using a font manager to manage fonts (FontBase).

All to no avail.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I am using the latest version of XD on the latest Windows 10.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry you are having problems with Adobe XD. By any chance, do you use a font manager?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a font manager (FontBase) specifically to try to solve this issue. It didn't work. As said in the original post.
Uninstalling the font manager doesn't work as it was there before even installing it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On other software in the Adobe suite, do the affected fonts work correctly instead?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use any other Adobe products.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using fonts in XD. Would you mind telling us if you're working in an enterprise network? Try to use mac version of XD and share results with us.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0