• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inter font not displaying properly in Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to share an issue we’ve found and not sure if it’s a problem with the font or Adobe XD.

We have installed the most recentdesktop OTF files of Inter font by Rasmus Andersson and have been working in a few applications with it. Sketch, Word, InDesign and XD etc. This is working well, until we export a PDF from Adobe XD.

The font renders ok in the native Preview app, but once the file is opened in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC it appears wrong and kinda broken. (Noting there is also no problem when exporting to a PNG JPG etc, and there are no issues exporting from other applications such as InDesign).

I’ve attached screen shots as to how that appears (comparing with some other fonts we have installed as well as an export from InDesign).

I wondered if there is a problem with the way the font embeds specifically from XD, but there is zero control in exporting PDF

Hope there’s a way we can get fix for this issue. (We realise PDF is not really the intended output fro XD, however it is useful for our clients to have PDFs of screens at times).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

I will throw a solution into the mix as I just stumbled on this problem with a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation and having to install back all Google Fonts. I opened up an existing cloud documentation, an Adobe XD project I had where I'd used Inter. I noticed all font weights were set to Light and completely messed up.

I went an reinstalled from Google Fonts directly (not the Github repo containing all fonts), and that didn't help.

I went on the official site to download Inter 3.15 and installe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We will need to test this on our end, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Is this happening with this specific file?
  3. Is this happening with this specific font?
  4. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file? If yes, you can add the file to shared storage and share the link here or you can send it privately to me by clicking on my name. While sending a DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rishabh, for ease answers from my post above more clear.

1. Adobe XD 30.0.12.14 on MacOS10.15.4 on a 2019 MacBook Pro, and viewing the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.009.20067
  2. It is happening to any XD file not just one file.
  3. It is specifically occuring with the font 'Inter' which I source from https://rsms.me/inter/ From the .zip I've installed the 'Desktop' OTF fonts through FontBook  (Inter is also a font availabe on Google).
  4. I will share a link to a document privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. I will check that will update this discussion. As you confirmed it seems to be fine in the native preview app, I will check with the Acrobat team for a better understanding of the issue and will keep you posted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thanks for your assistance. We had to totally change all our fonts last minute for a client handover as we weren’t sure how it would render for them. So would be great to have a fix.

Emma Chambers
{Personal Information Removed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience. I checked with the team and found that this can happen if the fonts don't have the embedding rights. So if a font does not have the embedding rights, and the file is exported to PDF, Acrobat may not display them properly. Could you please try this option: Acrobat > Acrobat tab>preferences> Page Display>select use local fonts and check if it displays it correctly.

If this does not fix the issue, then please run the Preflight tool in Acrobat which is under 'Optimize Tool'> run the Embed missing fonts fix-up. Acrobat has the capability to embed missing fonts in a PDF.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rishabh for pursuing this. I tried both with my fonts being stored locally and operating from FontBook

1. Local Fonts was checked already and doesn't display.

2. Embed missing fonts didn't work either. Attaching the report and screen shots.

Sigh... 

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.50.08 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.51.31 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will throw a solution into the mix as I just stumbled on this problem with a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation and having to install back all Google Fonts. I opened up an existing cloud documentation, an Adobe XD project I had where I'd used Inter. I noticed all font weights were set to Light and completely messed up.

I went an reinstalled from Google Fonts directly (not the Github repo containing all fonts), and that didn't help.

I went on the official site to download Inter 3.15 and installed. That solved 80% of the fonts but Semibold weight was still broken.

What fixed it was I grabbed version 3.10 release from Github and installed that. Immediately every weight started working.

For each step I deleted the font family from Windows\fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks, I'll have to test that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well! Was having display issues on public web and Google Drive. Unsure if public web will adjust for other customers browsing on desktop without the updated font downloaded as well, may consider another font for web applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh_Tiwari Did you manage to solve this issue? I have the same problem with the Inter font. I tried everything you suggested - didn't work. Tried Rcls's solution - didn't work for me either. Any other suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news about this problem? I have the same issue in XD with the Inter google font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried the suggestions shared in this article? If you still need assistance, please share screenshots of how the file appears in XD and in acrobat along with the version of XD & OS.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Acrobat.png

 

XD File.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines