• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interacting with component states in preview mode causes page to refresh to default state

Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a little hard to describe, but let me try my best:

Issue: Interacting with a component in preview mode causes the artboard to refresh to its default state after 1-2 seconds, with a noticable flash in the preview window.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a compound component (a component made up of 1 or more other components + other objects.)

2. Ensure the compound component has 2 states (doesn't apply to hover state)

3. Create a click trigger to transition from state 1 to state 2 in the compound object, ensure there is a visual difference between the states (change font weight or bg color)

4. Launch a preview mode and test trigger

Expected results:

Clicking trigger transitions from state 1 to state 2 and stays in state 2

Actual result

Clicking trigger transitions from state 1 to state 2, but reverts back to state 1 after 1-2 seconds, without any user interaction

I've attached an example video. In my example the subcomponent (the box) also has 2 states, but no event triggers. Not sure if that is related.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will go ahead and test this on my end so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.
  2. Also, it looks like, that the preview of the prototype was not captured in the video so will it be possible for you to share another video with us?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Sorry about that. I'm running:

Windows 10 Home 1909

Adobe XD 28.7.12.4

This also happens on my work machine that runs Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 and same version of XD.

I've updated my original post another video of the prototype from the same example. I didn't realize my screen capture stops recording when I switch/close windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. I tried reproducing this and was unable to do so. Please check this file: https://xd.adobe.com/view/d45e85d4-f33b-437c-6c6f-aa6452e526ce-a26f/

Also, I would request if you can share a screenshot of the Prototype window including the Property inspector which shows animation details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines