• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is anyone else experiencing background noise in audio recordings?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On June 12th, 2020, I was recording a prototype with audio narration.  After I listened to the audio, I found that the sound quality was terrible.  There was a low background hum, and my narration sounded muddy.  My headphone/mic set is good quality, and this had not happened in previous recordings.  I made sure all the devices in my room were shut off, and re-recorded.  The sound was still bad.  Today, I switched to a professional Samsung Studio Condenser Microphone, made sure the Input/Output Settings on my Mac were correct, and re-recorded.  The sound was still bad.  I tried recording with the same setup on my Mac's native Voice Memo app and the sound quality was perfect.  I'm leaning towards thinking this has something to do with XD, and not my hardware.  Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble in recording in XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Did the Preview voice recording ever work on this machine?
  • Screenshot of your about XD info page.
  • Have you unplugged from all external devices, monitors, bluetooth, etc?

Would you mind creating a new user account of your machine and see if the voice recording is working on the new profile?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines