• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

I'm working on a bigger project with a lot of components which I need to use in different sizes and with different labels. I created a master component with a placeholder text that says "label" and a hover state which changes only the color of the component.

When I use instances of said component I need to change the label and the size for every single instance and I want the new size and same new text in the hover state of my instance. But the changes I make to an instance do not apply to the hover state. Whenever I hover over an instance of my component it resizes back to the smaller size and the text changes back to "label". 

Is there a way to link label and size of the new default state to the hover state? Changing every single hover state manually isn't a time efficent way to work.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. If I understood correctly, you are referring to this feature https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited ? If yes, I am afraid, as of now, this feature is not available yet however our Engineeing team is working on it and you'll surely see improvements in future releases.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. If I understood correctly, you are referring to this feature https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com... ? If yes, I am afraid, as of now, this feature is not available yet however our Engineeing team is working on it and you'll surely see improvements in future releases.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, 

yes, this is what I was looking for, thank you! Shame this feature doesn't exist yet, I hope it will be implemented soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is simply pathetic! Anyone who actually designs sites needs that feature!!! Why is Adobe lacking so far behind? Sketch has implemented that feature years ago! I wished my company would finlly switch to Sketch – so much better in soooo many ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, We much needed this feature. Sketch and Figma already implemented it a year ago. Why does Adobe (The new owner of Figma) not make it available yet? Your post from the said link shows that this feature is pending from version 24. Today even after version 56 no implementation of this feature. Why? what's wrong with you? Do you want to check the Patience of your users? You have HOPELESS engineers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines