• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to make a transitions that starts automatically in XD?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.
Example for better understanding what I want:

I am making website design.
Is it possible to make it in Adobe XD (on one, same artboard) when I'm scrolling that transitions starts (automatically) when I am on that exact part of the website and not sooner, not later, not on click.
If not, can I do this kind of prototyping in any other program (which one?) or maybe there is a plugin for XD to make this possible?

Thanks a lot.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Hi Anjan, there is no such functionality in Xd for now. There are some workarounds you can do with multiple artboards or other stuff like a sticky header that would "appear" a bit later, but for such complicated animations it's hard to suggest anything that will do the job perfectly. I would prototype the animations in After Effects (but it won't be interactive), and the front-end dev will replicate them using JS with one of the libraries available.

Outside of Adobe's ecosystem you can try out

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjan,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I would suggest checking the timed transition article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-timed-transitions.html which might help.

I am also keeping the discussion open for our experts to share their opinion in order to achieve the transition.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anjan, there is no such functionality in Xd for now. There are some workarounds you can do with multiple artboards or other stuff like a sticky header that would "appear" a bit later, but for such complicated animations it's hard to suggest anything that will do the job perfectly. I would prototype the animations in After Effects (but it won't be interactive), and the front-end dev will replicate them using JS with one of the libraries available.

Outside of Adobe's ecosystem you can try out ProtoPie and Framer, or Webflow for a more direct approach, but it will require some coding ability. I know they don't really have much design functionality and freedom, so it might still feel limiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines