• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to open a file saved on a new version of Xd?

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I've been having issues creating new files or saving them to the cloud. Today I had another issue but with windows update, I had to reinstall my windows for that. Now I've installed all my programs again and I no longer have any issues with Xd or creative cloud.

The thing is that I also lost the installer for the pre-release version of Xd where I was working on my project, is there a way to open that file with the current version of Xd, or can someone from the support invite me or install the pre-release version on my computer? Because now I cannot keep working on my project lol

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Hi renealvarenga5,

Glad to hear that you have do not have any issues with Creative Cloud or XD any longer. I am not sure about the prerelease build that you have installed, but if if it is later than the official build that is installed on your computer, I suggest recreating the content from the prerelease version in the installed version on your computer. Let us know how it went.

If you aren't in a rush, there is an update of XD expected soon, and you should be able to open your file in that vers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi renealvarenga5,

Glad to hear that you have do not have any issues with Creative Cloud or XD any longer. I am not sure about the prerelease build that you have installed, but if if it is later than the official build that is installed on your computer, I suggest recreating the content from the prerelease version in the installed version on your computer. Let us know how it went.

If you aren't in a rush, there is an update of XD expected soon, and you should be able to open your file in that version after it is released.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Preran!

My project was created some time ago, the thing is that the guy from the support asked me to save my project using the pre-release to see if I have any issues, he didn't say that I won't be able to use the cloud, and I didn't back up the previous version so this is the only file that I have,  I'm too far into my project to start again. When is this new version expected? This week?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines