• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to recover an adobe XD file from a prototype link?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an active preview/prototype link for an old file that I was working on, but I have lost the original working file.

A lot of time and effort went into creating it. Obviously for the prototype link to exist and function, all of the necessary images, links and other files must exist somewhere. Is there a way to download them?

The file is not stored on the cloud, but the the link is hosted in my account. I'm looking to recover the working file.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Unfortunately, no. When you create a shared prototype, you're effectively generating a prototype, which is a completely different document type than the original document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. When you create a shared prototype, you're effectively generating a prototype, which is a completely different document type than the original document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elainecc

It is very frustrating to lose hours of work because the Abobe Cloud connection usually has a problem.
Please, think of a solution so that the user is notified and can save the file on the computer's physical disk.

Thank's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost 4 hours of work due to a XD crash. It would be smart to have a prototype type of file be compatible with the working file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 Hours and the file is GONE

Definitely a wast of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost 2 weeks...Me very sad and mad right now...I think I´m moving to Figma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it can be done ..if u didnt format ur system 
obiviously while wrking on xd the file gets duplicated and gets saved in your system in the name of copy
see ur pulished link and note the date of publish

search ur entire pc with the word XD

uwill get more search results ...find the date and find the name copy u will find many just open and find every copy xd file

definetly u will get the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in a similar breath to this - is there a way to IDENTIFY the document from the link? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines