Highlighted

Is there a way to recover an adobe XD file from a prototype link?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an active preview/prototype link for an old file that I was working on, but I have lost the original working file.

A lot of time and effort went into creating it. Obviously for the prototype link to exist and function, all of the necessary images, links and other files must exist somewhere. Is there a way to download them?

The file is not stored on the cloud, but the the link is hosted in my account. I'm looking to recover the working file.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, no. When you create a shared prototype, you're effectively generating a prototype, which is a completely different document type than the original document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to recover an adobe XD file from a prototype link?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an active preview/prototype link for an old file that I was working on, but I have lost the original working file.

A lot of time and effort went into creating it. Obviously for the prototype link to exist and function, all of the necessary images, links and other files must exist somewhere. Is there a way to download them?

The file is not stored on the cloud, but the the link is hosted in my account. I'm looking to recover the working file.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, no. When you create a shared prototype, you're effectively generating a prototype, which is a completely different document type than the original document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elainecc

It is very frustrating to lose hours of work because the Abobe Cloud connection usually has a problem.
Please, think of a solution so that the user is notified and can save the file on the computer's physical disk.

Thank's

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines